The Squarp Hermod is a forward thinking sequencing solution that re-contextualizes some of the best ideas to come out of Squarp's sequencing experimentation and introduces them into the Eurorack format. The Hermod has eight tracks that can be used as singular voices or combined to give each voice aftertouch and velocity. The first track can also be used for polyphony.
In addition the Hermod features a host of onboard MIDI effects, such as ratchet, chance and many others that can all be used in real time, to add life and color to your sequence. With Hermod, Squarp's focus and intention has never been more clear, as the module acts as the perfect tool to introduce complex song structure and form to your musical explorations!
- Number of tracks: 8
- Number of sequences: 8
- Number of projects: unlimited
- Number of events (notes, automation) per project: ~80000
- Recording resolution: 24ppqn
- Tempo: 1 to 250 BPM
- Maximum number of notes per step (polyphony): 16
- Maximum number of effects per track: 8
- Maximum number of modMatrix destinations per track: 4
- Automation per track: 3 (modulation, pitchbend, aftertouch)
- Note pitch: C0 to B9
- Note velocity: 0 to 127
- Note width: 1/24th to 16 bars
- Track length: 1/4 bar to 16 bars (1 step to 64 steps at zoom x1)
- Zoom: x1 (1 step = 1 quarter notes) to x8 (1 step = 1/32th note)
- MIDI (control Hermod with a MIDI controller)
- USB host (control Hermod with a computer)
- USB device (control Hermod with an USB controller)
- 4x CV in [-5V to +5V] (control Hermod with CV/GATE notes, CV modulation, clock)
- MIDI (sequence/control your MIDI synthesizers with Hermod)
- USB host (sequence/control your computer with Hermod)
- USB device (sequence/control your USB devices with Hermod)
- 8x CV out [-5V to +5V] (= midi range C0 to C10, with C5 = 0V)
- 8x GATE out [0V to +5V]
- 16 backlit silicon button pads
- Menu clickable encoder
- White backlit high contrast LCD screen
- 8x RGB LEDS to display the CV/GATE output voltages
- MicroSD card slot to save/load your projects and upgrade the OS (SD card included)
- Real time save/load: if Hermod is the master or is slaved, it keeps receiving and sending midi/usb/cv clocks, in order to be always perfectly synchronized.
- DAC (CV outputs) resolution: 16-bit (= 0,15mV precision!)
- ADC (CV inputs) resolution: 12-bit
- Width: 26HP (up to 30mm in depth)
- Weight: 290 gr (0.64 lbs)
- Requires a ±12V eurorack supply (consume 310mA from the +12V rail and 30mA from the -12V rail)
Engineered in Paris and assembled in France.
Package made from recycled EVA foam and cardboard.
3rd Party Review: https://www.amazona.de/test-squarp-instruments-hermod/